TERM 2 CLASSES BEGIN THE WEEK OF MONDAY 10 MAY 2021.
Additional History courses are coming soon and will be offered in Māori History and New Zealand history in 2021, so stay tuned for details!
• HIS303: “A Cultural History of Death” with Peter Dornauf
This series of 8 talks, from our Selected Topics in History series, explores, historically, the subject of death from the perspective of several different disciplines: religion (both traditional and contemporary), philosophy, art, literature, music and film.
LAST OFFERED: 2020 Term 4
NEXT OFFERED: 2021 Term 3
For more detailed information on each series or course, when offered, class times and locations, and course fees and registration) click on the appropriate links above.
If the course you are interested in is not currently being taught, rest assured that it will be again in the future as we continuously rotate the courses on offer. We also plan to add additional courses and locations in the future. Please contact us if you are interested in having us teach in your area or through your local group, association or organisation.
SOME NOTES ON OUR HISTORY COURSE OFFERINGS:
- All classes are taught from an objective point of view. These are classes about Aotearoa New Zealand and general World History courses, designed for participants to get a greater understanding of the depth and scope of the diversity that exists within the world’s various cultural, ethnic, faith and belief traditions.
- Detailed Syllabi are available at the start of each Term.
- Any Term can be taken independently of the others, and there are no prerequisites for any of the Term courses.
- All classes encourage questions and group discussion. There are no assignments, required readings, quizzes, tests or exams.
- PDF copies of each class presentation are emailed to all participants the next day so that you are free to focus on class content rather than taking notes. You are most welcome to come, sit back, relax, take part in and enjoy the discussions!
- Course fees include a short tea/coffee/snack break in the middle of each session.
- There are no refunds for missed classes.
- Guests of registered participants are welcome to attend a single class at no charge.
- Certificates of Completion for any particular Term Course or Series are available for Professional Development purposes upon request at the end of each Term or Series.
2021 TERM DATES & CLASS LOCATIONS:
- Term 1: begins the week on Mon 15 Feb, and ends Fri 9 Apr 2021
- Term 2: begins the week of Mon 10 May, and ends Fri 2 Jul 2021
- Term 3: begins the week of Mon 2 Aug, and ends Fri 24 Sep 2021
- Term 4: begins the week of Mon 18 Oct, and ends Fri 10 Dec 2021
Hamilton: Hamilton classes are held in the Conference Rooms at Artmakers, Norris Ward Park Arts Centre, 2 Seddon Road, Hamilton. The carpark entrance is off Seddon Road at the back of Norris Ward Park. The classroom is immediately to the left of the Waikato Society of Potters studio. There is plenty of free parking available in the carpark just outside the classroom.
TERM COST PER COURSE:
HAMILTON & DISTANCE-LEARNING COURSES (8-week Terms):
- Waged: $105 per person per term (includes online registration fee)
- Unwaged/Student/Senior: $85/person (includes online registration fee)
In addition to our regular in-person classes offered in Hamilton, we offer ‘Distance Learning’ options for all of our courses. These on-line live-streaming distance-learning options are offered via free Zoom software. Distance-learning options have been added for those living outside the Waikato or for those unable to attend our in-person classes in Hamilton. If you are a Distance-Learner you have the option of joining our regular live classroom sessions via Zoom at the regularly scheduled class time, or you can watch a video-recording of the Zoom classroom session at your leisure and study at your own pace.
Your instructor will send you instructions once you have registered for your course.
Select the appropriate course link above, which will take you to the page for that particular course. Read the details for that course, and if you’d like to register, click on the blue “Register” button which will take you to Registration and Payment pages where you can securely enter in your payment details. A receipt will automatically be generated for you.