HEBREW (עִבְרִית) LANGUAGE COURSES:
TERM 4 CLASSES BEGIN THE WEEK STARTING MONDAY 18 OCTOBER 2021
Our Introductory Hebrew language classes begin with learning the Hebrew script in the first Term and focus on conversation and basic introductory grammar. Subsequent Terms enforce the Hebrew script and concentrate on learning basic Hebrew grammar, increasing vocabulary, and reading and writing practice. In addition, popular Hebrew songs are also taught. Our Hebrew classes emphasise literacy (for those interested in Biblical Hebrew) and conversation (for those interested in learning to speak modern Hebrew).
EarthDiverse currently offers the following Hebrew language classes on a rotating and evolving basis, with new intakes of students in Hebrew 101 beginning twice a year, in Term 1 (February) and again in Term 3 (July/August). 101 and 103 courses are offered in Terms 1 and 3 each year, and 102 and 104 courses are offered in Terms 2 & 4 each year. If you have some elementary understanding, you may consider starting in a 102 or 103 course as well.
- Hebrew 101: Introductory Hebrew, Part 1 (offered 2021 Term 3 & 2022 Term 1)
- Hebrew 102: Introductory Hebrew, Part 2 (offered 2021 Term 2 & 2021 Term 4)
- Hebrew 103: Introductory Hebrew, Part 3 (offered in 2021 Term 3 & 2022 Term 1)
- Hebrew 104: Introductory Hebrew, Part 4 (offered in 2021 Term 2 & 2021 Term 4)
- Hebrew 201: Intermediate Hebrew, Part 1 (offered in 2022 Term 1)
- Hebrew 202: Intermediate Hebrew, Part 2 (offered in 2022 Term 2)
- Hebrew 203: Intermediate Hebrew, Part 3 (offered in 2022 Term 3)
- Hebrew 204: Intermediate Hebrew, Part 4 (offered in 2022 Term 4)
Location: Our in-person Hebrew courses are held at EarthDiverse/Artmakers Trust, 2 Seddon Rd, Hamilton. Details can be found on each individual course page.
DISTANCE-LEARNING OPTIONS: Our Hebrew courses offer distance learning options for those unable to attend classes in-person. Live-streamed classes are available via free Zoom software, or those unable to attend the date and time of the actual class sessions can watch the live-recorded video sessions on their computers, laptops, tablets or mobile devices and study at their own pace. These recorded sessions will be available soon after each class finishes so that you may watch the recorded video via any web-browser at your leisure. Your instructor will provide details on how to access your classes before your course begins.
Cost per person per Term (8 classes):
- Waged: $125.00 (includes GST + online registration fee)
- Unwaged (unemployed, students, seniors): $100.00 (includes GST + online registration fee)
EarthDiverse offers the following Hebrew language classes on a rotating basis:
HEBREW COURSES OFFERED IN 2022 TERM 1 ARE:
- Introductory Hebrew 101 (date and time to be determined)
- Introductory Hebrew 103 (date and time to be determined)
For detailed information on each course, please click on the appropriate tile below: