HEBREW (עִבְרִית) LANGUAGE COURSES:
TERM 1 CLASSES BEGIN THE WEEK STARTING MONDAY 14 FEBRUARY 2022
Our Introductory Hebrew language classes begin with learning the Hebrew script in the first Term and focus on conversation and basic introductory grammar. Subsequent Terms enforce the Hebrew script and concentrate on learning basic Hebrew grammar, increasing vocabulary, and reading and writing practice. In addition, popular Hebrew songs are also taught. Our Hebrew classes emphasise literacy (for those interested in Biblical Hebrew) and conversation (for those interested in learning to speak modern Hebrew).
EarthDiverse currently offers the following Hebrew language classes on a rotating and evolving basis, with new intakes of students in Hebrew 101 beginning twice a year, in Term 1 (February) and again in Term 3 (July/August). 101 and 103 courses are offered in Terms 1 and 3 each year, and 102 and 104 courses are offered in Terms 2 & 4 each year. If you have some elementary understanding, you may consider starting in a 102 or 103 course as well.
- Hebrew 101: Introductory Hebrew, Part 1 (offered in Term 1 & Term 3 each year)
- Hebrew 102: Introductory Hebrew, Part 2 (offered in Term 2 & Term 4 each year)
- Hebrew 103: Introductory Hebrew, Part 3 (offered in Term 1 & Term 3 each year)
- Hebrew 104: Introductory Hebrew, Part 4 (offered in Term 2 & Term 4 each year)
- Hebrew 201: Intermediate Hebrew, Part 1 (offered in Term 1 & Term 3 each year)
- Hebrew 202: Intermediate Hebrew, Part 2 (offered in Term 2 & Term 4 each year)
- Hebrew 203: Intermediate Hebrew, Part 3 (offered in Term 1 & Term 3 each year)
- Hebrew 204: Intermediate Hebrew, Part 4 (offered in Term 2 & Term 4 each year)
LOCATION: EarthDiverse, 401 Anglesea Street, Hamilton Central, Hamilton (see map below under Location tab), on-line via Zoom, or through video recordings of our live-streamed sessions posted 1-2 days after each class.
DISTANCE-LEARNING OPTIONS: Our Hebrew courses offer distance learning options for those unable to attend classes in-person. Live-streamed classes are available via free Zoom software, or those unable to attend the date and time of the actual class sessions can watch the live-recorded video sessions on their computers, laptops, tablets or mobile devices and study at their own pace. These recorded sessions will be available soon after each class finishes so that you may watch the recorded video via any web-browser at your leisure. Your instructor will provide details on how to access your classes before your course begins.
COST PER PERSON PER TERM (8 classes):
- Waged: NZ$150 (includes GST + online registration fee)
- Unwaged (unemployed, students, seniors): NZ$125 (includes GST + online registration fee)
EarthDiverse offers the following Hebrew language classes on a rotating basis:
For detailed information on each course, please click on the appropriate tile below: