ARABIC ( اَلْعَرَبِيَّةُ ) LANGUAGE COURSES:
Our Introductory Arabic language courses begin with a focus on learning the Arabic script, reading and writing practice, an introduction to Arabic grammar, vocabulary, and conversational practice. Subsequent Terms reinforce both reading and writing, and introduce additional grammar, vocabulary and conversation.
EarthDiverse currently offers the following Arabic language classes on a rotating and evolving basis, with new intakes of students in Arabic 101 beginning twice a year, in Term 1 (February) and again in Term 3 (July). Each cohort can begin advancing to the next course in the series.
- Arabic 101: Introductory Arabic (offered in 2021 Term 1 & 2021 Term 3)
- Arabic 102: Introductory Arabic (offered 2021 Term 4)
- Arabic 103: Introductory Arabic (offered in 2021 Term 1 & 2021 Term 3)
- Arabic 104: Introductory Arabic (offered in 2021 Term 4)
We plan to introduce additional courses (e.g. Intermediate Arabic) as each cohort advances to the next level.
A new cohort of beginning Introductory Arabic students (101) will begin again in 2021 Term 3, and a continuing Introductory Arabic (103) will pick up again in Term 3.
DISTANCE-LEARNING OPTIONS: Our Arabic courses offer distance learning options for those unable to attend classes in-person. Live-streamed classes are available via free Zoom software, or those unable to attend the date and time of the actual class sessions can watch the live-recorded video sessions on their computers, laptops, tablets or mobile devices and study at their own pace. These recorded sessions will be available soon after each class finishes so that you may watch the recorded video via any web-browser at your leisure. Your instructor will provide details on how to access your classes before your course begins.
Cost per person per Term (8 classes):
- Waged: $125.00 per person per term (includes GST + online registration fee)
- Unwaged (unemployed, students, seniors): $100.00 (includes GST + online registration fee)
For detailed information on each course, please click on the appropriate tile below: